BY Brian Collins
The Federal Housing Finance Agency is soliciting industry input on how to improve Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's credit risk transfer transactions, for the first time considering front-end transactions rather than back-end deals.
The Federal Housing Finance Agency wants mortgage servicers reaching out to delinquent borrowers to be exempt from tough restrictions on robo-calling. But the idea is being panned by consumer groups, who say it would give a free pass to mortgage servicers that have a record of consumer-protection violations. more »
The Supreme Court agreed Tuesday to hear a case regarding a clause in Fannie Mae's corporate charter that awards jurisdiction over every case involving the government-sponsored enterprise to federal courts. more »
Mortgage application activity decreased 2.6% from one week earlier, according to data from the Mortgage Bankers Association. more »
The Federal Home Loan banks of Topeka and San Francisco have signed up to participate in a Mortgage Partnership Finance program that pools and securitizes government-backed loans via Ginnie Mae. more »
Drew Boland's positive attitude and love of a challenge are two defining characteristics that help him stand out from his peers.
We move MI forward through innovation, attractive transparent pricing, the best terms of coverage, and a highly responsive approach to working with you.
- FHFA Seeks Comments on Front-End Risk Transfer Deals for Fannie, Freddie
- Fannie-Freddie Would Be Lender-Owned Insurers in DeMarco's Plan
- Two More FHLBs Sign Up for MPF Government Loan Program
- Fitch Adds TRID Grading to RMBS Due Diligence Reviews
- Connecticut Agency to Sell $86M of Affordable Housing Bonds
- Mortgage Lenders Already Feeling the 'Brexit Benefit'
- CFPB Slams Mortgage Servicers for Failing to Invest in Technology
- Why TRID Makes It Harder for Brokers to Get Best Deal for Borrowers
- Big Banks Have Nearly Abandoned the FHA Market
- Homebuilders Can Get Construction Loans, But Have Nowhere to Build
- Capsilon Announces Growth Investment from Francisco Partners
- Wells Fargo Approves Hybrid eClosings on Pavasos Digital Close Platform
- Arbor Bank Selects Pavaso Digital Close Platform
- DocMagic Announces eQC Automated Due Diligence Solution for Investors and Correspondent Lenders
- Simplifile Signs On 22 Additional Counties in Midwest, West Coast regions